Live clutter free. Live chaos free.™
Do you absolutely dread cleaning days? Seriously, the weekend is supposed to be fun, but most of us dedicate at least one of those days to cleaning house! I came up with this list by collaborating things I actually enjoy doing, and then adding that to background of my house cleaning. And guess what? It was immensely more enjoyable! Here are 5 simple ways to make cleaning not only bearable, but actually kinda fun!
1. Blast your favorite playlist and dance along while cleaning up. Think of it as some fun karaoke and exercise rather than cleaning. Nothing can put you in a better mood than some upbeat music and dancing to your favorite song!
2. On your laptop or tablet put on some Netflix and catch up on your favorite shows while tidying up. You can move it with you from room to room and prop it up in the background. This may slow down the cleaning process, but at least it’ll be more enjoyable!
3. Get the kids and hubby involved by dedicating tasks to each one and making it a race to see who finishes first. Kids will definitely love this, anything to win a competition. Amp up the excitement and motivation to finish by choosing a reward you KNOW they’ll go crazy for! (whether that’s having their favorite dessert or watching their favorite TV show.)
4. Listen to audiobooks or your favorite podcast. You can get through some great books or podcasts and really multipurpose the time spent cleaning. Personally, I love this one!
5. REWARD YOURSELF! With the prospect of a pampering manicure or having some chocolate cake looming over you, you’ll go through cleaning with purpose and relish in the prize at the finish line. Choose something that really excites you, and compensating yourself with it at the end will give you extra satisfaction – for having finished the cleaning, plus earning the right to self-pampering. Go ahead and enjoy that Saturday night guiltless.